Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Documentary

Initially, I planned on doing a documentary based around the commercialisation of Christmas and other special occassions, and how the industry has used these events to make substantial profits. In some ways I consider the true message of these events has been lost.

I compiled the following letter which I sent to a number of supermarkets.




73 Weeping Cross
Stafford
ST17 0DQ
30/10/10
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a Year 13 student at Walton High School currently studying A level Media Studies. As part of this course, I hope to create a documentary on a topic of my choice.
I would like to investigate how retail stores such as yours promote Christmas, how much time you spend preparing for Christmas and how much profit is made during this period in comparison to the rest of the year.
In order to acquire this information, I would be very grateful if a manager from your store would be available for a short interview and if possible, I would like to film shots down your seasonal aisles to show the effort that your store puts into promoting Christmas.
If it is not possible to have an interview, I would be very appreciative if I could still have permission to film your seasonal goods aisle.
Also, I would be very grateful if you could respond as quickly as possible as the filming deadline for this work is the end of November.
Please contact me either using the above address or using the email address below. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,
Hannah Victoria Fyfe.
Email Address; david.fyfe1@ntlworld.com


However, none of the supermarkets I sent the letter to responded. Also, I found it difficult working on my own, which made me change my mind and I decided it would be better to work on a music video

No comments:

Post a Comment